Chronic venous insufficiency - one of the most common diseases. It affects from 50 to 70% of people. How to find out about varicose first symptoms when you need to go to a doctor and help you cope with the disease - in our material.
The question is answered by Evgeniy Fedorov, a vascular surgeon, a chief specialist of the Department of Surgery of the FGSU, the Institute of Surgery named after. AV Vishnevsky, Ph.D., member of the Society for Angiology and Vascular Surgeons, International Society of vascular surgeons.
- The varicose veins of the lower extremities are found in about 67% of women and 50% of men. What is the cause of such a high incidence?
- Such a high incidence of morbidity is the reputation of mankind for its straightforwardness. In addition, in the development of the disease, an important role is played by factors such as wearing shoes on the heels, pregnancy, prolonged static loading.
- What are the initial signs of varicose veins? To which doctor need to address only they will appear?
- When it comes to varicose veins, the first sign is the appearance of reticular veins. If we talk about chronic venous insufficiency, then the main manifestation is fatigue and heaviness in the legs, or symptom of severe legs, as well as swelling of the lower third of the leg, appears in the evening and especially noticeable when removing the sock or stocking when the patient sees a depression from Gum
- When vascular stars are already required to go to the phlebologist? After all, they appear to women very early - in 25-30 years.
- Yes, it is better to turn to the phlebologist or vascular surgeon for receiving recommendations for the prevention of progression of the disease and, if desired, for the treatment of telangiectasia.
- Whether it is necessary and whether will come out within the framework of the OMS to address to the phlebologist in the absence of symptoms, just for preventive examination?
- I think that it is not necessary. No complaints or manifestations - it makes no sense to spend time on empty consultations. Moreover, the OMS will not turn out exactly.
- Does creams and gels help in the initial stages of varicose veins? Can they stop the development of the disease?
- The use of gels and creams is rather ancillary, they allow to remove skin irritation, a feeling of fatigue, but can not radically affect the disease.
- In what cases should venotoniki be taken with varicose veins and which of them is most effective?
- Optimal indications for taking venotonics are swelling of the lower extremities, caused either by varicose veins, or the result of postponed phlebothrombosis, as well as night seizures. The most effective drugs in this group today are those that contain the active ingredient diosmin. Such preparations are "Venerus", "Detraleks", "Flebodia", which correspond to each other in quality. However, the most accessible for the population today is the drug "Veneras".
- In which cases is it necessary to surgically treat varicose veins?
- Absolute indications for surgical treatment are those stages of cervical cancer, with which there are trophic disorder of the skin, that is 4-6th grade from CEAR, as well as transferred thrombophlebitis of superficial veins.
- What is the feature of modern surgical methods of treating this disease?
- Choosing the method of treatment depends on many factors, the treatment should be selected strictly individually, and not in pursuit of fashion trends. The main directions of modern methods are mini-invasiveness and, accordingly, have a small traumatic effect.
- Can I prevent the development of CVI?
- It must be understood that the basis of the development of CVI is the structural changes in the walls of the veins and valves, which are sometimes of a genetic nature and are manifested in people at a young age or under the influence of external factors. Thus, not always affecting these factors, you can completely, with a 100% guarantee to prevent the development of the disease. However it is possible and it is necessary to prevent the further progression of CVI with the transition in the stage of trophic irreversible changes.