Appears after eating a ball in the throat can indicate the presence of any psycho-emotional disorder or somatic disease.
Sometimes, after eating, there is a sense of tangle in the throat. This state can have in its root causes of two types: mental and somatic. Methods for eliminating such an unpleasant sensation after a meal, like a ball in the throat, directly depends on the cause that caused it.
Mental causes of feeling a tangle in the throat
Violation of the psycho-emotional state can cause discomfort after eating. The throat is one of the most common. Occurring once as a result of a stressful situation, an unpleasant feeling of a breast in the throat after a meal can come back without apparent reason. Such a condition is caused by the muscle tension of the lower throat. As a treatment, you can use light sedative drugs such as valerian. A warm drink, for example, milk, will also help remove the unpleasant sensation after a while. As a rule, such treatment is quite enough.
If the psychological causes of the appearance of the breast in the bare after eating are excluded, you should contact a specialist for the purpose of identifying the disease that caused the condition. After eating, the tangle in the throat may indicate the presence of such diseases as:
- Gastroesophageal reflux (a kind of gastritis) - a characteristic feature of this disease of the gastrointestinal tract except for a coma in the throat after meals is the presence of heartburn;
- Esophageal hernia or diaphragm;
- Thyroid dysfunction - this condition may be due to a lack of iodine in the body, inflammation or a violation of the production of hormones by the thyroid gland;
- Inflammation of the pharynx of viral etiology, for example, caused by streptococci;
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebral column - the disease is especially common among people who have a sedentary lifestyle;
- Vegetative vascular dystonia - one of its manifestations is dry mouth and numbness of the tongue;
- Throat cancer is the most extreme variant, since usually cancer is diagnosed much earlier than the feeling of a tangle in the throat after eating, and has many other, more vivid symptoms.
In addition to various diseases, after eating a ball in the throat may appear as a side effect when taking some antihistamines or antidepressant medications, as well as drugs that lower blood pressure.
For accurate diagnosis it is necessary to turn to the following specialists: otolaryngologist, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, orthopedist. In case if the cause is not detected and the state of health deteriorates, be sure to visit the oncologist. Self-treatment can lead to a deeper condition.