Each of us repeatedly faced with different types of injuries, once burned with boiling water, getting a cut or a fracture. Injuries are practically invisible and do not bring any particular inconvenience, but in some cases, it is necessary to undergo long-term treatment. Any kind of injury requires some help.
Trauma is a complex of functional and morphological disorders that arise in organs and tissues under short-term influence of factors or as a result of weak, repeated or prolonged influences. The function and integrity of the nerve formations, tissue structures, lymphatic and blood vessels are impaired from the influence of traumatic factors. Types of injuries can be different. Yes, trauma can be chronic and acute.
Types and features of traumatism
Each type of injury has its own characteristics, which are related to the circumstances of the injury and the nature of the damage. In the event of an industrial accident, open wounds predominate, street trauma associated with fractures, and sports - with stretching and sores. Often there are types of injuries of transport and domestic character, which have deliberate and accidental damage.
Let's list the main types of injuries.
- Mechanical Appear under the action of mechanical force. The result is damage to organs and tissues of varying degrees of severity. Such injuries are divided into generic, random and operational.
- Thermal Appear as a result of the effect on the surface layers of the skin of low or high temperatures. They occur much less often than mechanical ones.
- Electric They are formed through the passage of lightning or electric current through the body.
- Chemical Appear under the action of alkalis, acids, salts of heavy metals, poisonous substances. Some substances cause local injuries, others are absorbed through the skin and poison the body.
- Radial The emergence of this type of injury - the result of prolonged exposure to ionizing radiation on the body. They do not cause a quick protective reaction of the body and are not recognized immediately after application.
- Mental This type of injury is associated with the influence of stimuli, stress factors that affect the nerve centers, auditory and visual analyzers.
- Biological Arise from the effects of microbes, viruses, toxins, fungi, allergens and poisons of plant and animal origin.
Consequences of injuries
In case of any injury to some extent the functions of the damaged organ, as well as functions and other organs, in some cases - the whole organism are violated. The consequences of injuries depend on the severity and type of injury. For fractures, the forearm or limb arm ceases to function until the fracture is consumed. In the event of damage to the nerves and large vessels, the functions of organs and body parts that are provided by these nerves and vessels, resulting in nausea or paralysis, are affected.
The activity of the whole body is disturbed, for example, due to squeezing the bones of the brain. Such significant types of injuries usually lead to death.
In addition to the main types of injuries, there are combined injuries that appear under the influence of several injurious factors. Then the body produces more complex and severe injuries, often ending with fatal outcome.