The snow-white smile in the modern world is a sign of success and good health. Shops and pharmacies offer a variety of whitening toothpastes. But those who appreciate folk recipes know another great remedy for teeth whitening - an ordinary lemon.
In fact, folk remedies for changing the color of the enamel there are many: it is abrasions of the ash, and mouthwash with a solution of hydrogen peroxide, and the use of table soda.
But teeth whitening with lemon is the most safe one when it comes to accidental exposure of the active ingredient to the stomach. Therefore, there are practically no contraindications to its use, with the exception of citrus allergy.
The essence of whitening teeth
The bleaching procedure is to change the tooth shade from dark to lighter by chemical or physical effects on the upper layers of the tooth enamel.
It is important to visit a dentist in advance - he will be able to determine the texture of the teeth and give advice on bleaching.
In some cases, for example, after prolonged wearing of braces or build-up of a collapsed tooth area, this procedure, no matter how you use it, can lead to heterogeneity of the color of the enamel or even its destruction.
How to whiten teeth with lemon
- During bleaching, it is important to give up strong tea, coffee, red wine, beet and other products containing pigments that can dye the tooth enamel.
- Lemon peel is used for bleaching. Need to rub the teeth and clear the inner (white) side of the lemon peel for a few minutes, and then rinse your mouth with water.
- You can also simply peel the lemon peel for some time to bleach the enamel in hard-to-reach places. If you have high teeth sensitivity to acid, then this method can be painful for you, and it is better not to apply it.
- In addition to the skin for teeth whitening, you can use lemon juice, which can be added a few drops directly into the toothpaste with each tooth cleaning. Such a remedy will not only give a bleaching effect, but will also help with bleeding gums. It is also recommended to rinse your mouth with lemon juice, slightly diluted with water (4: 1), in a few minutes.
- If it allows time, then, in addition to whitening teeth with lemon at home, you can use a self-prepared bleaching toothpaste. To do this, you need to mix a regular paste, shaken activated charcoal, which will act as abrasive, and lemon juice. Use such a warehouse once in 1-2 days during the week. It is important not to overdo it with bleaching to prevent damaging the enamel.
If whitening does not help
Do not despair, if the attempts to whiten teeth with lemon do not bring a tangible result. The enamel in each person has its own color, which in most cases differs from absolutely white.
Daily brushing your teeth in the morning and evening will allow your teeth to stay healthy, while enamels will get a homogeneous shade of light. Regular (at least once a year) cleansing of the oral cavity from a dental stone in the dentist's office will also improve the condition of the teeth and give them a lighter shade.