Brushing your teeth allows you to prepare a carious tooth to fix the seal. This procedure is performed in different ways, but the leading role among them belongs to the mechanical removal of infected tooth tissue. Due to the visual inspection of the oral cavity and substance indicators, the quality of the procedure performed is monitored.
The term "teeth preparation" comes from the word praeparatio, which means "preparation, cooking." In modern dental practice, this term implies the removal of pathologically altered tooth tissues and the formation of a cavity for sealing.
What does teeth prepare?
Preparation of a tooth is most often necessary in the treatment of caries, removal of a defect in the seal, violation of the development of the tooth or through injuries. Complete excision of the affected part of the tooth and the formation of the correct cavity can prevent the further development of the caries and reliably install the seal. The procedure of preparation is quite painful, therefore, in deep carious processes, the patient always offers anesthesia, the choice of which depends on the group of tooth and tolerance to one or another pain reliever.
Methods of teeth preparation
For the preparation of hard tooth tissues in modern dentistry, several methods are used:
- Mechanical (carried out with the help of rotary instruments);
- Chemical-mechanical (using a mixture of amino acids and sodium hypochlorite "Carisolve", resulting in coagulation of cariogenic dentin (mineralized tooth tissue), after which it is easily removed from the cavity);
- Air-abrasive (carried out with the help of an erbium laser);
- Pneumatic (used tip "Soniflex").
The most universal method is mechanical preparation, since it enables to completely prepare the cavity before sealing. All other methods have limitations or require an integrated approach.
Determining the quality of teeth preparation
Defeated by caries dentin has two layers:
- External infected layer (can not be relieved, insensitive);
- Internal (denatured, reversed, subjected to recalceration).
Previously, in dentistry, the practice of the preparation of carious cavity was used due to preventive increase of its borders and excision of healthy parts of the tooth. However, only the outer layer of carious dentin is now removed.
Criteria for quality of the prepared preparation process:
- Visual inspection of the location and shape of the cavity;
- Review and comparison of the color of the walls of the cavity of the patient's tooth;
- Assessment of hardness of the walls of the dental cavity by means of sensing.
Special precursors (0.5% solution of fuchsin, 1% solution of acid in propylene glycol (red)) were developed for accurate estimation of the quality of the preparation of the cavity of the tooth affected by the caries. Indicators clearly paint the layer of external carious dentin. They are also used to detect cracks and locate the mouth of the root canals.
Dissection of the teeth - a procedure without which it can not do any treatment of caries. Qualitative performance of this procedure is to guarantee that the seal will be hard and long, and the infection does not spread to healthy areas of the tooth.