After analyzing the structure and functions of the human body, one can once again be convinced of the complexity of the device eye and the importance of the functions performed by it.
The structure and functions of the organ of view are quite complex from the anatomical point of view. Eyes are prone to many diseases and injuries, due to which it is sometimes impossible to restore vision.
Structure and functions of the organ of vision
Eyes are a very complex optical device. Their main function is to transmit the image to the optic nerve. The structure of the body of vision is as follows:
- Cornea is a transparent shell that covers the front of the eye. There are no blood vessels in the cornea, and it has a fairly large refractive power. The cornea is bordered by an opaque outer shell of the eye - a sclera.
- The front of the eye is the space between the iris and cornea, filled with intraocular fluid.
- The iris - consists of muscles, with their relaxation and reduction of the size of the pupil are changing. The iris is responsible for the color of the eyes and regulates the flow of light.
- Puppies - a razor blade. The size of the pupil, as a rule, depends on the level of illumination (more light - less than the pupil).
- The lens is the lens of the eye. The lens of the eye is transparent, quite elastic and almost instantly can change its shape (as it were focusing), it is thanks to this that the person sees well and close, and from afar.
- Glasslike body is a gel-like transparent substance that is located in the posterior part of the eye. The vitreous body maintains the shape of the eyeball and participates in the intraocular metabolism of nutrients.
- The retina - located in the retina, the receptor cells are divided into 2 types: sticks and cones. In these cells, the rhodopsin enzyme is produced and a photochemical reaction takes place (transformation of light energy into the electrical energy of the nerve tissues). In the structure of the organ of vision and its functions, the retina plays a major role.
- Protein - an outer opaque shell of the eyeball, which in the front of the apple turns into a transparent cornea. Directly to the sclera itself 6 muscles (oculomotor) are attached. Also, there are nerve endings and vessels in it, but in small quantities.
- Vascular membrane - is responsible for the correct blood supply of intraocular structures. There are no nerve endings in her, due to this during her illness a person does not suffer from pain.
- The optic nerve - with its help signals from the nerve endings instantaneously enter the brain.
After listing the elements of the eye, we looked at its structure. And the organs of the body are directly related to its structure:
- Light sensing;
- Color sensation;
- Perception of size and form;
- Perception of distance;
- Peripheral vision
We rarely think about the structure and function of the organ of vision, perceiving the eyes and the ability to see how the data. According to social surveys, for most people, loss of vision is one of the most terrible ailments. To avoid misfortune, you should keep an eye out from injuries and do not neglect prophylaxis.