That includes medical treatment for radiation injuries of the intestine, which diet should be followed by patients and what their mode should be.
In connection with the development of non-specific inflammatory changes in the intestines as a result of exposure to ionizing radiation, treatment is largely similar to therapy for Crohn's disease and nonspecific ulcerative colitis.
Food must be mechanically, thermally and chemically sparing. It excludes the use of canned food, spicy, spicy, acidic and salty foods, coarse vegetable fiber, smoked and roasted food, freshly baked products made of baking dough.
The diet should have high content (at least 100-120 g/day) of easily digestible protein. Dairy products in the acute period of the disease should also be reduced or completely excluded, since such patients have expressed lactase insufficiency.
- Glucocorticoids have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, and are therefore considered to be the most effective means for radiation damage to the intestines. In this case, in the acute period, they are injected drip or injector, and then go to the maintenance dose in tablets.
- Aminosalicylic acid preparations are most often used for anti-radiation therapy in tablet form with a coating that protects from dissolution in the stomach, as well as in the form of rectal candles or as a part of microclysters (especially with radial proctitis, proctosigmoiditis).
- Preparations for activating restorative (reparative) processes of intestinal mucosa. Effective and oil of hips (karatolin) or sea buckthorn - in 2 tbsp. L 3-4 times a day for 2 hours before meals, as well as in the form of microclysters with proctitis and proctosigmoiditis.
- In diarrhea, prescribe antidiarrheic drugs and/or broths or infusions, fix medicinal herbs, and enveloping and astringent.
- To heal erosions and ulcers of the intestine, use histamine receptor blockers, proton pump inhibitors.
- In order to improve the digestion of patients in addition to appointment of digestive enzymes, and for the normalization of the microflora and the prevention of dysbiosis - bacterial drugs, bacteriophages.
- Antibacterial therapy is used to prevent complications, especially in severe and moderate forms of intestinal defeat and congestion of intestinal contents with adhesions and disorders of intestinal patency.
Patients in the acute period should undergo a comprehensive treatment in the hospital, and after recovery - to be on a dispensary record.
They are advised to adhere to the regime of work and rest, to avoid stressful situations and physical activity, work in the night shift, fully eat.