What you need to know about Parkinson's disease before you go on a trip.
Travelers suffering from Parkinson's disease may face a lot of difficulties on the road. To minimize inconvenience, you need to carefully plan your trip.
- Never go on a trip alone, take a companion.
- Always keep an account of your doctor, insurance company, telephone, which you can call in an unforeseen event, as well as your medication. Let it always lie at hand in a bag or wallet.
- Take a rule to always carry a card that shows the presence of Parkinson's disease.
- Put things in a backpack so that both hands are free when moving.
- Always carry a bottle of water to be able to ask for a medication.
- Wear free, comfortable clothes and soft shoes.
- When booking a hotel room, ask that it be located on the ground floor or near the elevator. Also ask about the availability of specially equipped rooms for the disabled. As a rule, they are more spacious and equipped with special handles in the shower and bath.
- Plan a journey to trivia.