Most people sooner or later face a problem such as tooth mobility, which is especially worrying for the elderly. Even in normal condition all teeth have some mobility, which is called physiological. The phenomenon is due to the fact that the coupling device has a depreciation, due to which the loading during chewing is evenly distributed.
Mobility of teeth may have a pathological character, bearing a certain classification. In the first stage, the teeth move only forward and backward, in the second stage, and aside. The hardest stage is the third, with her teeth moving in a vertical direction and in a circle.
Causes of anomalies
The first two stages of the mobility of teeth can be corrected by long-term treatment, but the third stage is an indication for the removal of teeth. To move teeth begin for a number of reasons, elimination of which can help to avoid removal of indigenous teeth.
Causes of teeth mobility:
- Inflammation of periodontal disease, which is characterized by a slow decline in peritoneal tissues and destruction. Periodontitis is considered a simple disease, but it is quite common.
- An incorrect bite when the position of the lower and upper row of teeth is violated is also a cause of the mobility of the root teeth.
- Low-quality oral hygiene, leading to a number of diseases.
- Inflammation of the gums that goes into the ligation apparatus and bone.
- Stomach teeth due to external influences.
The task of the dentist - to establish the cause that caused the mobility of the teeth, and appoint treatment. However, it significantly complicates the problem of bone leakage and the onset of periodontitis. Removal of the tooth leads to irreversible changes in the bone tissue, which entails its partial or total loss. After removing a moving tooth, the bone ceases to receive the required load, the bone tissue gradually dissolves, but the adjacent teeth require a complete bone. As a result, adjacent teeth also begin to shake.
To prevent this, dentists advise to put artificial roots and crowns. This design is quite durable and similar to the native tooth.
How to fix the situation
In that case, if the mobility or easy swinging of the teeth is associated with gum disease, then saving the tooth is not always possible, it depends on the strength of the bones in the tooth's hole, as well as the condition of soft tissues. If the unstable position of the tooth is due to external influences, then the chance to save the tooth is much larger.
What can you do to save your teeth:
- To begin with, you should stop touching the damaged tooth with your hands or tongue, as this only worsens the situation.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water, but do not clean the toothbrush in any way, as on the tooth there are pieces of connective tissue that attaches it to the bone. This may well help to implant the tooth to the same place.
- If the tooth falls out, you should immediately go to the doctor's reception, since the possibility of implantation for a while still exists.
- Strengthening the base of a stiff tooth using dental braces eliminates the mobility of teeth. The success of such manipulation depends on the degree of bone tissue and gingival atrophy.
In any case, such an abnormality is a serious pathology, therefore, it is necessary immediately to enroll for admission to a doctor and to undergo the necessary course of treatment.