It turns out that watermelon can kill


Health And Medical Video: What Happens To Your Body When You Eat Watermelon Everyday – Benefits Of Watermelon (August 2018).



Poisoning with watermelon is a widespread phenomenon.

Poisoning with watermelons is most often associated with nitrates contained in them.

They are contained in fertilizers that generously enrich the soil in order to accelerate the growth and maturation of berries. Symptom of high content of nitrates can be intense red, yellowish or brown fibers and pulp near the crust, smooth, "polished" cut, while in the "real" watermelon it is crushed.

An affordable way to check watermelon is to lower the watermelon flesh in a glass of water and rub. If the watermelon is good, then the water is just cloudy, but not colored in pink or red.

The second group of poisoning comes from the fault of the buyers! Buying a watermelon many do it on a "cut" principle. And in vain Watermelons grow on the ground, transported far not in sterile conditions. Dirty hands of collectors, loaders and sellers, a dirty knife, finding in the air and leaked juice from cracked watermelons not only attracts flies and oats, but also becomes an environment for the active reproduction of microorganisms, plus in warm season storage of purchased and cut watermelon is not in the refrigerator, Etc. As a result, the prospect of picking up an intestinal infection, up to dysentery.

Symptoms of watermelon poisoning

The first signs of watermelon poisoning appear within a few hours after ingestion - fatigue, severe headache, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea; In some cases, fever, cramps and tightness in the joints are possible. Especially dangerous high-consumption vegetables for children under 1 year of age and nursing mothers.

Intravenous mechanisms in children are formed only after one year, and the mother's milk does not create serious barriers to nitrates. The situation is aggravated by the fact that watermelon is consumed immediately in large quantities, respectively, and the concentration of poisonous substances is a shock.

It turns out that in the event that a person eats at one time a lot of even safe watermelons, there comes toxic poisoning from overeating and "overfilling" of nitrates. At poisoning, before the arrival of the medical team, you should drink plenty of water to cause vomiting.

In addition to poisoning, watermelon can be dangerous in the presence of chronic diseases (stones in the kidneys, diabetes, congenital malformations of the genitourinary system, prostate adenoma, pyelonephritis, postoperative adhesive processes, exacerbation of peptic ulcer). With great caution should be used for colic and diarrhea, for elderly people, as well as for flatulence.

It turns out that watermelon can kill

Category Of Medical Issues: Tips