Epidemiologists note the seasonal increase in the number of diseases of the intestinal infection. What you need to know to avoid poisoning this summer.
Summer is a hot weather for employees of infectious hospital departments: at this time of year there is a sharp increase in the number of intestinal infections. Often in the summer, people lose their vigilance and, forgetting about the basic rules of hygiene, do not wash their hands before eating ice cream on a hot day, or buying questionable food from street vendors.
Causes of intestinal infections
Summer is a hot spot for employees of infectious diseases hospitals. And this is due to the fact that in summer there is a sharp increase in the number of intestinal infections. Most often in the summer, people lose their vigilance and, forgetting about the basic rules of hygiene, do not wash their hands before eating ice cream on a hot day or buying questionable food from street vendors. Infection with intestinal infections occurs when you use an infectious agent with food or water. To begin with, let's take a look at who causes all known digestive disorders. To lead to the development of intestinal infections can be bacteria, toxins of bacteria or viruses. The main intestinal infections include:
- Food staphylococcus poisoning;
- Enterovirus and rotavirus infection in children.
Microbes standing out from an infected person get into the environment where they not only killed, but retain the ability to reproduce and multiply are most active in warm and humid conditions, which is why the ideal place for their reproduction are products stored outside the refrigerator. The same favorable environment for the development of microbes is sour milk and meat products. The connection of separate forms of acute intestinal infections of the Foodstuff family has been established. So, dysentery often arises priupotreblenii imolochnyh milk products, intestinal infections caused by staphylococcus, priupotreblenii dairy products ikonditerskih skremom, yersiniosis usually develop priupotreblenii raw vegetables, salads ydruhyh plant products.
Mouth microbes get vzheludok, Azat vkishechnik which begins to hit razmnozhatsya.Posle microbes vorhanizmnastupaet asymptomatic period that lasts in most cases 6-48 hours. Symptoms of the disease are caused both by the microbes themselves, and by the epidemic of immitinosis. Intestinal infections may occur as acute gastritis (srvotoy ybolee in eivote), enteritis (sponosom), gastroenteritis (srvotoy iponosom), colitis (blood in stool) enterocolitis (with the defeat of the entire intestine).
Vsamoy onset of the disease a person may experience weakness, lethargy, loss of appetite, headache, fever-like symptoms usual ARI. However, after some time there is nausea and irritation, there are reumaid pains in the veins, diarrhea spermisyu mucus, blood manure. Since some acute intestinal infection accompanied by frequent vomiting and generous, sometimes in combination with diarrhea, a person can lose a lot of water, so it can disturb ioznob thirst.
For infections of the intestinal group, the following symptoms are characteristic:
- Elevated temperature;
- Nausea vomiting;
- stomach ache;
- Excessive gas formation in vysheechnika (meteorism)
How to prevent infection?
- Not recommended to buy products in doubtful places;
- Not to buy watermelons and melons in a vrazrezannom form, as the microbes from the surface easily penetrate inside and continue to multiply there;
- Vegetables andfruits pryadopotrebleniem need to be thoroughly washed downstream water;
- Do not follow drinking raw water, it is better to use boiled water iilubutirovannuyu;
- All food products should be kept closed with clean dishes, perishable in the range of permissible terms in the refrigerator;
- Ready to kupotrebleniyu products to store separately from the products;
- Salads and vinegrets are better to eat right after cooking, in extreme cases, they can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 12 hours;
- Food products, if they remain the next day, then they can be subjected to heat treatment;
- The milk purchased on the market should only be used after boiling;
- Strictly adhere to the rules of personal hygiene: wash hands with soap prepryrotovleniem iprimom food, after visiting the toilet, walks nauklytse.
How to treat
- If you are still infected with an intestinal infection, then for the rapid recovery it is necessary to remember the following: in most cases, the treatment of intestinal infections does not depend on the pathogens of the disease. As a rule, the treatment of intestinal infections begins even before the results of the analyzes. Treatment of intestinal infections is aimed at:
- Fighting with microbes (antibiotic therapy);
- The fight against dehydration - the volume of fluid introduced with intestinal infections depends on the degree of dehydration. As a rule, in order to eliminate the lack of fluid, patients with intestinal infections are prescribed saline solutions, for example, Rehydron;
- Elimination of diarrhea - sorbents (enterosorbents) are used to eliminate diarrhea in intestinal infections. Intestinal infections use the following sorbents: smecta, activated charcoal;
- Compliance with the diet;