Dentures can replace lost teeth and will not be different from natural ones. There are 2 types of dentures: removable and non-removable. More information on installing dentures can be found in our article.
Age changes apply to all organs. In the process of life, we lose part of the teeth. This is the result of illness or injury. Currently, the installation of dentures does not take much time, result-restored teeth and a gorgeous Hollywood smile.
Dentures that are created with the use of computer technology, do not resemble dentures that were used 10 years ago. Installation of dentures of the new generation does not cause discomfort when worn. Highly durable flexible materials are used to make dentures. They are safe for the human body, and the modern methods used will help to find the size, color, shape of the prosthetics.
Types of dentures
There are 2 types of dentures: removable and non-removable.
Variants of non-removable prosthetics: crown, bridge prosthesis, tab, veneers and implants. Installation of this type of dentures is used in case one or several teeth need to be restored. Artificial teeth are attached to the adjacent (natural) with the help of various mechanisms.
Removable dentures are used when a large number of teeth are lost. This group is quite extensive and, in its turn, is subdivided into several subcategories: complete removable and partially removable. Regarding large indigenous chewing teeth: even in the absence of a single tooth, the installation of removable dentures is used.
Indications for prosthetics
- High degree of tooth erosion. The most optimal use of a prosthetic using crowns or veneers.
- In the case of the launched form of the caries, which led to the destruction of the crown. Installation of dentures takes place through tabs or crowns.
- Complete destruction of the outer part of the tooth, and the roots remain in the gums. In this situation, it is necessary to perform prosthesis by installing dentures with the use of a pin.
- The case of complete absence of a tooth. Here you can use both removable and non-removable prostheses or implant implants.
- Combination of numerous defects of the tooth row.
Contraindications to the installation of dentures
There are many types of prosthetics, so there is no need to talk about absolute contraindications for the installation of dentures. If it is not possible to apply one type of dentures, then you can pick up another one.
Contraindications to the installation of dentures are relative. Let's list them:
- Pregnancy period;
- Exacerbation of a chronic disease or acute illness of the internal organs, especially the oral cavity;
- Radiation therapy was performed;
- The use of narcotic substances;
- Allergic reactions to painkillers;
- The disease psikhiki.Bolshaya part of the contraindications refers to the installation of non-removable dentures, while removable prostheses can be recommended to almost any patient.
Qualitatively manufactured and installed dentures will last for many years without causing unpleasant sensations in wearing and eating.