Cerebral palsy is a serious condition of the nervous system that is subject to correction.
Infantile cerebral palsy (cerebral palsy)
- a disease (condition) in which the damage to the central nervous system is accompanied by a violation of the motor development of the child, which occurs in utero or during the first week of life. Together with motor disorders, mental retardation, mental and linguistic development may be delayed.
The causes of cerebral palsy are quite diverse and, in fact, obscure. There is an assumption that provocative factors are injuries in childbirth and/or illness of the mother during or immediately before pregnancy (infections, complicated pregnancy, cardiovascular, respiratory, renal diseases, diabetes).
However, statistics are such that approximately two to ten children out of a thousand have this diagnosis, while pregnant women suffering from these pathologies are much larger. This suggests the presence of some other factors causing intrauterine ischemia of the brain and leads to a violation of coordination and incorrect distribution of muscle tone.
There are studies on the possible genetic predisposition to cerebral palsy, but the exact cause of this pathology remains outside the scope of scientific knowledge.
The symptoms of the disease depend on the volume, number and location of lesions in the brain. The earlier there are clinical signs of brain damage, the worse and unfavorable further course of the disease.
There are several forms of the disease.
- Diplegicheskaya form - paresis of both legs, increased tone in the lead muscles of the hip, tone of the muscles of the hands less tone of the leg muscles, there are associated lesions of the cranial nerves or hyperkinesis. The psyche suffers rarely.
- Gemipelagic form - hemiparesis (right or left-sided), sometimes tetraparesis is encountered, the intellect is often disturbed.
- Cerebellar form - cerebellar ataxia, there is a decrease in muscle tone.
- Hyperkinetic form - hyperkinesis clearly prevails in symptoms, the intellect suffers rarely.
- The mixed form is a combination of manifestations of the forms of cerebral palsy, listed above.
Cerebral palsy does not progress, but it can complicate the form of contractures and various deformations.
Treatment and prevention
Specific STD prevention does not exist due to the lack of a clear understanding of its causes. Future parents should, if possible, be more responsive to their health.
Early detection of disease symptoms and early onset treatments always yield better results than triggered cases. The forecast is influenced by the form of the course of the disease and the presence of intellectual-emotional disorders, sensory and linguistic disorders.
Options for treatment of cerebral palsy are selected individually and use a complex approach in therapy. During treatment, try to use all the functions of the child: motor, linguistic, psychic, sensory, social, etc. Use the following methods:
- Curative physical education and many methods of adaptive physical education;
- Osteopathic effect;
- Surgical intervention;
- Medical therapy;
- Homeopathic correction;
- Sanatorium and spa treatment;
- Transplantation of stem cells.