The use of medicines is a very serious measure, which many people often forget. We encourage you to study the list of the five most common and potentially dangerous combinations of medicines.
1. Ginkgo biloba with aspirin. A combination of gingko and aspirin may increase the risk of bleeding. Ginkgo is used to prevent cerebrovascular accident. This is a herbal preparation that can be used without consulting with specialists. However, simultaneous administration of gingko and aspirin can cause bleeding, so before you diagnose your condition and seek treatment, consult a doctor and take a blood coagulation test.
2. Niacin and statins. Niacin - one of the B vitamins that together with statins, lowering cholesterol levels in the bloodstream, may increase the risk of developing muscle pain and may even cause kidney problems.
3. Energy drinks and anti-edible drugs. The use of high-octane stimulants of the nervous system, such as cola, guarana or bitter orange drinks, along with anti-edema drugs, can increase the incidence of heart rate, arrhythmias, and hypertension.
4. Antidepressants and St. John's wort. A group of antidepressants (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SIZZS), which include Prozac and Zoloft, in combination with St. John's wort, can increase the risk of developing a rare and potentially dangerous condition known as serotonin syndrome, which is accompanied by an increase in blood pressure, nausea, vomiting And other unpleasant symptoms.
5. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal infusions. The use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen, in combination with herbal supplements such as ginkgo biloba, ginseng, pyrethrum, ginger or clove oil, may increase the risk of bleeding.