Pathological processes in the body - one of the main causes of the development of Horner syndrome.
Gorner syndrome - a clinical syndrome, due to violations of sympathetic innervation. With this pathology, the oculomotor nerve is affected, which allows the eye to open and close, and the pupil - to expand and narrow. As a result of this defeat, as a rule, there is an omission of the century and a change in one of the pupils.
Gorner syndrome: species
- Primary (idiopathic). It develops as an independent disease, not associated with any pathologies. Clinical signs in this case regress themselves.
- Secondary. Caused by various pathologies
Horner's syndrome: reasons
Most often, Gourner's syndrome is acquired as a result of pathological processes in the body, such as:
- Inflammatory processes in the central nervous system;
- Tumors of the brain and spinal cord and the tumor of the pancostum (tumor in the upper lung);
- Inflammatory diseases of the first ribs and upper parts of the spine;
- Trigeminal neuralgia;
- Trauma of the brain and spinal cord;
- Multiple sclerosis;
- Chronic alcohol intoxication;
- Inflammation of the middle ear area;
- Aneurysm of the aorta.
In rare cases, Gorner syndrome is inherited or acquired as a result of medical intervention.
Horner's syndrome: symptoms
There are several signs that indicate oporzvitiy syndrome Gorner.