Why is there a cough after eating. Risk factors for asthma on the background of GERD, prevention and treatment of this condition.
Cough may be associated with food
More than 75% of patients suffering from bronchial asthma complain of heartburn.
Heartburn is the main symptom of GERD (GERD). In this case, the gastric juice is thrown back from the stomach into the esophagus due to poor work of the NSA (muscle, which normally prevents the reverse flow of food and relax only when the act of swallowing). In violation of the work of the sphincter, acidic gastric juice enters the lower part of the esophagus, causing burning sensation. The long course of the HERB can lead to:
- Lung damage
- Ulcers of the esophagus
- And cancer formation.
GERD and asthma
GERD is the cause of asthma in the event that:
- Bronchial asthma began in adulthood;
- The symptoms of asthma worsen after eating, physical training, at night or in a lying position;
- Asthma does not respond to standard treatment methods.
Why is there a cough after eating
Rarely, sour stomach juice damages mucous membranes, upper respiratory tract and lungs. In addition, the acid, thrown into the esophagus, irritates the nerve endings. There is reflex infusion of respiratory tract, which prevents the ingestion of acid in the lower parts.
Many drugs used to treat asthma can reduce the tone of the sphincter of the esophagus and increase the likelihood of reflux (rejecting the gastric contents).
Profilakakashlya after eating
Many of the symptoms of GERD can be treated and/or prevented by following simple rules.
- It is not necessary to use heap pillows, as this will force the body to stay in the folded state of the state by increasing the pressure on the stomach.
- Is not it before sleep? The last meal you need to plan is 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- There are small portions.
- Maintain normal body weight (excess weight leads to increased intraabdominal pressure).
- Limit consumption of fatty foods, chocolate, mint, coffee, tea, and when alcohol (these products reduce the tone of NSS).
- Abandon smoking
- Wear free clothes.
The doctor usually prescribes antacids for the relief of symptoms of EE. They can fight in the form of a suspension, a gel or tablets. Surgical treatment GERBER is rarely done.