Fluorography of the lungs is an examination of the chest organs using X-rays that penetrate the pulmonary tissue and transfer the image of the lungs onto the film by means of fluorescence microscopic particles. Carry out a similar study for people under the age of 18. The frequency of its conduct - not more than once a year.
This rule applies only to the fluorography of healthy lungs when examination is not required.
It is believed that the lung fluorography is not an informative survey, but the data obtained with it help to detect changes in the structure of the pulmonary tissue and to become the occasion for further detailed examination.
The organs of the chest absorb radiation in different ways, so the picture looks heterogeneous. The heart, bronchi and bronchioles look like bright spots, if the lungs are healthy, the fluorography will reflect the pulmonary tissue uniform and uniform. But if in the lungs inflammation, on the fluorography, depending on the nature of the changes of the inflamed tissue, will be visible or darkening - the density of the pulmonary tissue is elevated, or will be seen in the illumination of the area - the ease tissue is quite high.
Fluorography of smoker's lungs
It has been established that changes in the lungs and respiratory tracts occur imperceptibly even after the first smoked cigarette. Therefore, smokers - people in the zone of increased risk for part of pulmonary diseases, it is strongly recommended to undergo fluorography of lungs annually.
Not always the fluorography of the smoker's lungs can show the development of the pathological process at its early stage - in most cases it does not start from the lungs but from the bronchial tree, but nevertheless, this study can detect tumors and densities in the pulmonary tissue that appeared Fluid in the lungs of the lungs, thickening of the walls of the bronchi. To overestimate the importance of passing such a survey by a smoker is difficult: timely detected by means of fluorography of pneumonia, allows the appointment of the earliest necessary treatment and to avoid serious consequences.
The results of fluorography are usually prepared for several days, after which the resulting fluorogram is considered by the radiologist, and if the fluorography of healthy lungs was performed, then the patient should not be sent for further examination. Otherwise, if the radiologist has detected changes in the pulmonary tissue, a person may be sent to clarify the diagnosis for radiography or an antituberculous dispensary.
To the picture obtained after the pulmonary fluorography, a conclusion of the radiologist is added, which may include the following formulation:
- Roots expanded, sealed. The roots of the lungs form lymph nodes and vessels, pulmonary veins and arteries, major bronchi, bronchial arteries. Sealing in this area with a generally satisfactory state of health indicates bronchitis, inflammation of the lungs and other inflammatory, possibly chronic processes.
- The roots of heaviness. Most often such a conclusion after pulmonary fluorography is indicated by a bronchitis or other acute/chronic process. Such a change in pulmonary tissue is often detected in the lung fluorography of the smoker.
- Strengthening the vascular (pulmonary) pattern. The lung pattern forms the shadow of the veins and arteries of the lungs, and if blood supply due to inflammation is intensified, which may be bronchitis, and the initial stage of cancer, and inflammation of the lungs, it is noticeable on fluorography that the vascular pattern is too secretive. In addition, revealed on the lung fluorography, the strengthening of the picture may indicate the problems of the cardiovascular system.
- Fibrous tissue. The detected connective tissue in the lungs suggests that a person has suffered from lung disease before. This could be a trauma, infection or surgery. Despite the fact that such a conclusion indicates the loss of part of the pulmonary tissue, this result often gives the fluorography of healthy lungs.
Oseredok shadows. So called eclipse of the region of the lungs on a fluorogram, up to 1 cm in size. If the foci are found in the lower and middle parts of the lungs, it may be pneumonia. In severe inflammation, the following wording is indicated in the conclusion of pulmonary fluorography: "uneven edges", "fusion of shadows," "strengthening the vascular pattern." If the cells are more even and dense, then the inflammatory process is going down. If the foci are found in the upper lungs, it may indicate tuberculosis.
- Calcinati So called rounded shadows, resembling bone density. Dangers do not represent such phenomena, but only say that the patient had contact with a patient with pneumonia, tuberculosis, infected parasites, etc., but the body did not allow the infection to develop, and isolated bacteria-pathogens under sediments of calcium salts.
- Pleuro-apical layers, adhesions. The fibers of the lungs of the structure of the connective tissue found - adhesions, in most cases also do not require treatment, but only indicate inflammation in the pleura in the past. Sometimes spikes cause painful feelings, in which case you should seek medical help. Pleuro-apical layers are called thickening of the tops of the lungs, and they also indicate that the person suffered an inflammation that affected the pleura (most often it is tuberculosis).
- Sine is sealed or free. Pelvic sinuses are enlightened by the pleural folds of the cavity. If the lungs are healthy, the fluorography will show that the sinuses are free. But sometimes there is accumulation of fluid (in this case, treatment is needed) or solder joints stopped.
- Change the aperture. Such a conclusion after lung fluorography is given if a person has an abnormality diaphragm that could develop due to poor heredity, obesity, deformation by adhesions, after suffering from pleurisy, liver disease, esophagus, intestines or stomach. In this case, an additional survey is usually prescribed.
- The shadow of the mediastinum is shifted or enlarged. A mediastinum is called the space between the lungs and the organs in it are - it's aorta, esophagus, heart, trachea, lymphatic vessels, nodes, iron thymus. Enlargement of the mediastine shadow is observed due to an increase in the heart, hypertension, heart failure, myocarditis. Dislocation of the mediastinum may indicate uneven air or fluid accumulation in the pleura, large tumors in the lungs. A similar conclusion of pulmonary fluorography indicates that it is necessary immediately to undergo examination and treatment.