Retraction of the spine is a medical procedure used for various diseases of the spine. Need to know that it is divided into several types and is not suitable for anyone who has a backache.
Retraction, or traction, the spine - a long-known method of treatment, the essence of which consists in the fact that due to mechanical effects on the spine it stretches and the vertebrae return to normal position. As a result, the clamped nerve roots are released, and the normal posture returns.
Extracting is divided into three types: dry, underwater and hardware. During a dry traction, the patient can be located vertically or horizontally. Nowadays, use of modern traction tables, which allow to control the force of influence on the patient.
Water extraction of the spine is carried out under water, it is considered the most sparing.
Hardware extraction can be considered one of the types of dry, it is made using special devices, which allows you to make the most accurate impact on the body of the patient.
When the spine is used
Retraction of the spine is indicated with the following diseases:
- Osteochondrosis of any department;
- The presence of intervertebral hernias with pain syndrome;
- Curvature of the vertebral column - scoliosis, kyphosis;
- Pinching nerve roots;
- Bechterev's disease in the initial stage.
Before proceeding, you must necessarily consult with your doctor, make an MRI of the affected spine, to determine exactly how you can turn the vertebra into place.
In order for the extraction to have an effect, it is necessary to combine it with the course of medical gymnastics, which consolidates the result.
Who is contraindicated in stretching the spine
Extracting the spine has a wide range of contraindications. This is due to the fact that not always mechanical effects relieves unpleasant symptoms. In some cases, the stretching of the vertebras, by contrast, leads to injuries and injuries, complicates the course of the disease.
- Acute period of diseases of the spine. This does not apply only to hernia - with their exacerbation of extraction, on the contrary, relieves pain due to the release of compressed nerve roots.
- Osteoporosis - with increased bone fragility, there is a risk of damage to the vertebrae and even a spine fracture.
- Instability of the vertebrae, that is, their mobility as a result of injury or illness. In such cases, traction may cause injury to the spinal cord.
- Circulatory disturbances in the spinal cord - they can increase when spinal column is stretched.
- Malignant and benign tumors.
- Chronic diseases of other organs: urolithiasis, ischemic heart disease, eczema and psoriasis, epilepsy.
Extracting can be done only with the permission of a doctor in a specialized institution and under the supervision of a specialist. Only this procedure will not bring harm, but will help get rid of problems with your back.