Proper nutrition in psoriasis allows you to continue remission and avoid aggravation of the disease.
Psoriasis is one of the most common skin diseases. The exact cause is not established, and the treatment is to relieve exacerbations and prolong remission. An important role in this is played by the right way of life.
And one of the first rules is healthy eating. A diet with psoriasis is of particular importance. Scientific justification for the need for food control are studies that suggest a direct relationship between the state of the intestine and rashes on the skin.
With the normalization of the function of the gastrointestinal tract, the exacerbation is often much faster. It is believed that through the intestinal wall are able to absorb toxins that are formed during the digestion of food. Toxins in turn through the blood fall into the skin, provoking the appearance of rashes. Therefore, it is necessary to strictly monitor the diet of patients and prevent the use of food forbidden products.
What can not be eaten with psoriasis
For each patient, a diet with psoriasis has its own peculiarities. After all, the list of intolerable products in each individual. One is covered with a rash when eating an orange, the other is carrying citrus normally. However, there are foods that in most cases provoke exacerbations.
- Bold meat, fat, smoked, butter. All these products are rich in animal fats, which have a bad effect on the liver.
- Different spices, preservatives and emulsifiers.
- Fatty fish, such as halibut, mackerel, carp, too, are prohibited.
- Excess sugar and salt. Sugar does not have a nutritional value, but it forces the body to spend on its processing vitamins of group B necessary for skin health.
- Do not think that sugar can be replaced with honey. The diet for psoriasis relates honey to prohibited products.
- Red vegetables, berries and fruits are excluded in psoriasis.
- Beans are also better to give up.
- The diet for psoriasis prohibits the use of any alcoholic beverages.
What can be eaten without fear
- A diet with psoriasis should be based on the predominance of cereal products and coarse meal flour. Their share in the daily diet is slightly less than 50%. The bran perfectly stimulates the peristalsis, helps to normalize the intestinal flora.
- One third of the ration is given to vegetables and fruits, except those that relate to prohibited products.
- An important role in the diet in psoriasis and dairy products. They are a source of useful bacteria that populate the colon. They have a lot of calcium, which reduces the risk of allergic reactions. It is known about the calming effect of calcium compounds on the nervous system.
- The diet for psoriasis recommends that vegetable oils be included in the diet. Polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are part of their composition, improve the condition of the skin.