Treatment of pulpitis of milk teeth is aimed at removing nerve inflammation and preserving the tooth until it is changed. The best is conservative treatment or the method of devital amputation.
The main task of treating dental pulpitis is the removal of pain and elimination of the inflammation center, the restoration of the shape and function of the milk tooth, the preservation of the place in the jaw for a permanent tooth.
The method of pain relief before treatment of pulpitis is chosen depending on the age, psycho-emotional state of the child and the presence of concomitant diseases.
Features of treating pulpitis of milk teeth
In the treatment of pulpitis in children should take into account a number of difficulties due to the peculiarities of the structure of milk teeth and the behavior of the child.
- Short roots of milk teeth complicate their instrumental treatment due to the danger of damage lining below the rudiments of permanent teeth.
- Treatment of pulpitis in children should be painless and without prolonged manipulation.
- When pulpitis of milk teeth it is necessary to prevent the spread of inflammation for periodontal, the rudiments of permanent teeth and perineum tissue.
- When choosing a treatment method, one should take into account the nature of the inflammatory process, the group membership of the tooth, the general health of the child, the location of the carious cavity and the degree of resorption (resorption) of the root.
- Early removal of milk teeth is highly undesirable, as it can cause the formation of an irregular bite and loss of space in the jaw for a permanent tooth due to the displacement of other teeth.
Methods of treating pulpitis of milk teeth
In the treatment of pulpitis most often use conservative (biological) and the following surgical methods: