During the winter many people are exposed to cold allergies. Under the influence of frost, and sometimes even cold water, a typical urticaria, skin peeling or angioedema appear.
Many people think about allergy in the last turn, when in the cold suddenly there is a nasal congestion, tears begin to tear, cough attacks occur.
Usually we think that they are cold and need to be treated. But if such symptoms are accompanied by an enviable regularity in the occurrence of frost, there is a suspicion of the allergic nature of the disease.
Causes of cold allergy
The nature of such a reaction to the effect of the cold can not yet be determined. For a long time even the very concept of cold allergy was denied by doctors. However, because cold allergy has no influence on the allergen, that is, a specific substance that enters the body and triggers a chain of reactions.
However, there is a completely specific physical factor - the cooling of the body, limbs or skin, which provokes the manifestation of allergic reaction. Therefore, this type of allergy was attributed to a false allergy, or pseudo-allergic reactions.
Under the influence of cold, there are special proteins - cryoglobulins, which are organized into special molecules that exhibit allergenic properties. Where these proteins are formed and deposited, for example, in the skin on the hands, usually there are reactions.
For the most part, women suffer from cold allergy - they often go without a hat or gloves, wash the dishes with cold water or contact with ice. Provides a similar allergy to the pathology of the nasopharynx and caries of the teeth, chronic illness and stress.
Allergy to Cold: Symptoms
In different periods of time, cold allergy can be manifested by various symptoms. However, several typical forms of cold allergy can be distinguished.
- Holodnaya krapivnitsa - is the most common pathology in which manifestations occur on the face, feet, hands, in the field of the knees and on the inner surfaces of the hips. Strengthens the manifestation of allergy to wearing wool or synthetic fabrics. When urticaria there are red itchy tubercles that arise immediately after exposure to cold. It helps to relieve the manifestations of antihistamines.
- Cold dermatitis is redness, peeling and itching of the skin, a large swelling with the formation of burgundy red spots. The skin at the same time is very dry, changing its drawing. Mostly affected by the face, ears and hands.
- Cold rhinitis is a constant sneezing, nasal congestion or a constant flow of liquid mucus.
- Cold conjunctivitis manifests abundant tears and eye catching in the cold, in the eyes there is a feeling of discomfort and sand, dryness.
- Cold cheilitis is manifested by edema and inflammation of the red rim of the lips. They are very dry, covered with scales and even ulcers, in the corners of the mouth there arise.
- Cold migraine occurs due to spasm of the vessels in the brain, manifested by headaches in the forehead, temporal and lowering of pressure. Sometimes it may be accompanied by neuralgia of the trigeminal nerve when the cheekbones are removed.
- The hardest is the cold water radiculitis-the inflammation of the roots of the nerves in the lumbar region, as well as the occurrence of a cold bronchial asthma, in which there are attacks of breath while staying in the cold. There is a difficulty in breathing due to bronchial spasm and dry cough.
In order to completely exclude or reduce the symptoms of cold allergy, you need to contact a doctor.