Tourette's syndrome is called central nervous system disorder. It is characterized by a combination of vibe-shaped tussing of the facial, neck, shoulder girdle muscles, spontaneous movements of the tongue, lips with frequent stinging and spitting.
In addition to the above symptoms, patients also have a persistent urge to repeat repeatedly certain sounds, called vocal teas. The severity of the Tourette syndrome in adults may be both mild and very severe.
Causes of Tourette's syndrome in adults
Experts believe that Tourette syndrome in adults refers to genetic diseases. If a person has a specific gene (a set of genes), he has an increased risk of developing this condition. In addition to the genetic cause, there are some other points that increase the likelihood of the disease:
- Pregnancy of the mother, who was accompanied in the first trimester by strong toxicosis, stress;
- Smoking, drinking alcohol with a pregnant mother;
- At birth, small weight of the baby and signs of brain damage;
- Insufficient blood supply or oxygen at birth;
- At the birth of same-eyed twins, very small weight of newborns;
- Low Apgar score (rapid assessment system for newborns) immediately after birth;
- Children's neuropsychiatric autoimmune disorders that are associated with streptococcal infection.
Symptoms of Tourette's syndrome in adults
Congenital tick of genetic nature in adults has pronounced symptoms.
- Involuntary movements of the face, neck, shoulder girdle, trunk, legs, which eventually become more complicated.
- Sudden occurrence of ticks that are of the same type and are not susceptible to inhibition.
- Sound symptoms (vocal tears). At the same time pronounced separate sounds and non-divisive words. Often there is echolonium - an intrusive repetition of sounds, syllables, words.
- Sometimes, during vocal teaks, indecent words are spoken. Patients are aware of the inadequacy and inappropriateness of their behavior, but can not control themselves.
- Secondary mental disorders - closure, depression, depression, undervalued self-esteem.
Treatment for Tourette's syndrome in adults
The doctor diagnoses Tourette's syndrome based on the types of symptoms.
The treatment of involuntary tick of genetic origin in adults is mainly focused on the ability to control involuntary movements. Most cases of this disease are fairly mild and do not require special treatment.
In more severe cases, drug therapy is used. Drugs help control the patient's condition, reduce manifestations of depression and irritation. Good results give classes with a psychotherapist.
Tourette's syndrome in adults in our time is not subject to complete izlechivaniyu.
Understanding sick people of their illness will allow you to manage your tetic disorders more effectively. Of great importance is the support of loved ones, relatives. From childhood it is necessary to carry out social adaptation of such people.