Alcoholism is a problem that has been troubling humanity since ancient times. According to statistics, today, along with Ukraine and CIS countries, alcohol dependence affects the countries of Europe and the USA, the standard of living of which is quite high.
Doctors are alarmed because alcoholism has begun to rapidly grow and be observed in adolescents from 14 years of age. Alcohol abuses, not only the strong half of mankind, but also girls, women.
The causes of alcoholism in women and men are similar in their type and can be different in nature. It is worth noting that the causes of alcoholism are primarily hidden in human psychology. This is the most common reason men and women can drink.
A person drinks to relax, relieve stress and avoid problems. Doses of alcohol are gradually increasing, and people do not notice how the habit appears.
Among other causes of alcohol dependence are allocated social, physiological and genetic.
Psychological causes of alcoholism
Often, the causes of alcoholism and alcoholism are the nature and mental abilities of a person, his ability to adapt to life problems. Persons with weak will and depression tend to suffer from alcohol dependence. They do make a problem and suffer a company with a bottle.
One of the psychological causes of alcohol dependence is the inability of a person to self-fulfill and find a good job, build relationships and family. Such people suffer because they can not find their vocation and place in the world, and they can often drink. Men are worried because of the lack of high-paying jobs, and women can not have children because they can not arrange their own lives.
People with complexes and uncertainties can drink more often than others. Such a man is full of fears, uncertainty in the future, can not make new acquaintances and get along with other people. To gain courage in front of an important event or date, she drinks a few glasses and becomes more relaxed and self-confident, everything seems more rainbow. Individuals are full of complexes, suspicious, drinking doubts for relaxing and suppressing their fears. It is believed that a person whose parents suppressed in childhood is most prone to the risk of alcoholism.
Among the main psychological causes of alcoholism are the desire to relax after a labor week in a circle of friends or alone. Alcohol drinks quickly relieve tension, fatigue, uplift. Man is gradually becoming accustomed to such a way of life and it is difficult for him to abandon him. Often, people do not see this problem, as it is a common type of recreation.
Some people start drinking to improve their health. There is a widespread mistake in society that with the help of wine it is possible to strengthen the heart and blood vessels. Some parents can give their children before lunch 50 grams of cashew or dry wine "for appetite". As a result, this enthusiasm for alcohol evolves into chronic dependence on adults and children.
Social causes of alcoholism
People live in society and are exposed to it every day, so another common cause of alcoholism is social. Among the social causes of alcoholism can be identified as follows:
- The traditions of drinking alcohol on holidays in the family and with friends is one of the common causes of alcoholism in Ukraine. People are accustomed to celebrate important events with a lavish feast and drink. Manners have been created for many centuries and continue to be supported by modern society. In a circle of friends, a person does not want to stand out, so he drinks with everyone, otherwise they laugh. Many can not refuse, as they consider it a disrespect to acquaintances. So gradually a person becomes an alcoholic.
- Bad work, low wages make people think that she has not found another place in life. The constant imposition of vital values by the society, such as success and wealth, can exacerbate depression. Everyone has the right to compare himself with others, to find faults and defects in himself. It seems that others live happier and more comfortable. In modern society, the desire for material values and money has intensified. Against this background, a person is looking for calming in alcohol and gradually developing dependence on alcohol.
- Severe occupations associated with severe stress and stress, a risk to life, can be a factor in the development of alcohol addiction. Among them are doctors, ambulance workers, police officers, firefighters and others. With the help of alcohol people try to forget about what happened, to relax.
- Among the social causes of alcoholism is the last place taken by the influence of advertising and television, especially for children and adolescents. Bright and attractive advertising convinces us that drinking is fashionable and cool. Often, due to this factor begins beer alcoholism in adolescents and children with whom it is difficult to fight. Despite the prohibition of displaying commercials for a certain time this problem is quite widespread.
- Low standards of living, poverty reduction, poor nutrition and living conditions, unemployment lead to spiritual and moral fall of a person. He is unable to cope with problems with one's own, so he begins to drink from hopelessness, which can be one of the causes of chronic alcoholism. In low-living countries, alcoholism is more prevalent than in developed countries.
Physiological causes of alcoholism
Studies have found that alcoholism can occur for a number of physiological reasons. These include the peculiarities of the development and structure of the human body. This can be influenced by the course of pregnancy, the process of bearing and childbirth. Some mother diseases can affect the development of metabolism in a child, serve as a factor in the formation of chronic disorders.
The development of alcohol dependence may depend on gender and age of a person. Studies have shown that the most acute form of alcoholism can develop in adolescence, regardless of sex, in women at a later age.
Alcohol dependence is formed due to biochemical reasons. The substance ethanol is involved in the chemical reactions of the body, while destroying the nervous system and other organs. Therefore, people become accustomed to alcohol so quickly. Alcoholism develops in people prone to psychiatric disorders: depression, neurosis, schizophrenia, and others. Among the physiological causes of alcoholism may be various brain injuries, craniocerebral trauma.
According to research among the main causes of alcoholism are genetic. Poor heredity is passed from parents to children, if at least one of them suffered a similar illness. If both parents were alcoholics, the risk of developing the disease increases 5-fold. To this factor you can add the psychological aspect of the formation of personality, as children tend to copy the behavior of parents. Scientists also found that people from Ukraine and the CIS genetic resistance to alcohol are much higher than those from Asia.
The researchers identified two groups of genes that cause the formation of alcohol addiction. These genes are responsible for the metabolism of alcohol in the body and control neuropsychiatric functions. When drinking alcohol in the brain is formed a positive effect of "pleasure", so people can not relax without alcohol and improve mood. It is known that alcoholism inherited is difficult to cure. If in your family there were cases of alcoholism, it is better not to start drinking even in small quantities at all.
Parkhomenko Oleg Viktorovich, doctor narcologist
In the treatment of alcoholism it is important to identify the root cause - the basis of the disease. The patient must declare his intention to quit drinking himself, and only then can he be admitted. To do this, you need to talk with alcohol addicts, tell about the harm of alcohol, lead weighty arguments in favor of "sober life".
What shall I do?
The causes of alcoholism can be numerous, so it is important to know them and not allow them to influence. Fighting alcoholism primarily involves preventive measures. In families, schools and educational institutions, adults should explain in detail how harmful alcohol affects the entire human body. Parents are not recommended to drink at children and turn into a tradition of drinking alcohol. The child should be busy with something useful and interesting, so as not to get under the influence of a bad company.
Adult man needs to learn how to control his emotions, relax without alcohol, engage in sports and an active way of life. When there is a psychic confusion and emotions to share with relatives and relatives, do not keep problems in yourself. For spiritual recovery and harmony, yoga classes, various meditative practices are very helpful. People living in a crazy rhythm should have more rest and be distracted from everyday routine.
If a person is accustomed to alcohol and it has turned into a disease, it is necessary to begin treatment alcoholism in a timely manner. For this purpose, medicines, coding and psychological rehabilitation are used. At this stage it is very important to provide proper support to your relative or friend. After treatment, the patient should avoid companies, take on jobs and hobbies. An interesting fascination and new goals in life will help to recover and forget about a disastrous habit. The family should always be close and supported at a difficult moment.