The most common type of stomatitis is catarrhal stomatitis. This disease is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity without the formation of rashes in it in the form of aft (erosion).
"Qatar" is a term that means inflammation of the mucous membrane of any organ. Catarrhal stomatitis is characterized by edema, pain in the oral mucous membrane. If the ulcers appear in the area of the gums, they say also about catarrhal gingivitis, if the language - about catarrhal glossitis.
Causes of catarrhal stomatitis
There are many reasons for cataract stomatitis.
- Insufficient hygiene of the oral cavity. When poor care in the oral cavity forms an environment that is favorable for the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria and penetration of infection.
- Dental deposits. Often, dental deposits are converted into dental stones, which leads to the destruction of teeth with the formation of sharp edges.
- Use of incompatible materials during prosthetics.
- Common diseases of the body. Most often, catarrhal stomatitis is accompanied by diseases of the endocrine, circulatory systems, stomach, intestines.
Symptoms of catarrhal stomatitis
The main symptoms of stomatitis of the inflamed mucous membrane of the oral cavity:
- General malaise;
- Redness and swelling of the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- White or yellowish plaque in the place of inflammation;
- Pain in the oral cavity, especially when talking, eating;
- Increase in salivation;
- Bad breath
The mucous membrane of the gums is subject to a high risk of injury and bleeding.
Treatment of catarrhal stomatitis
Diagnosis of catarrhal stomatitis is quite simple. The diagnosis is established by a dentist. Sometimes a stroke (a scam) is taken to find out the direct source of the disease.
Treatment of catarrhal stomatitis primarily aimed at eliminating inflammation through a special membrane terapii.Slizistuyu treated with antiseptic oral hygiene rastvorami.Provodyat professional dental cleaning, during which remove soft plaque and tartar. If necessary, fit dentures.
It is very important in the treatment of stomatitis of the inflamed oral mucosal membrane to adhere to the diet. The diet excludes acute, sour, rough food, alcohol. Food should have neutral acidity and enough vitamins to accelerate the treatment.
Prevention of catarrhal stomatitis
Catarrhal stomatitis is easier to prevent than to cure. The basic rules of prevention are quite simple and include the following:
- Keeping hygiene of the oral cavity, brushing teeth in the morning and evening;
- Visits to the dentist every six months;
- Careful attention to dentures or braces;
- exclusion from the diet food that irritates or traumatic effect on the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- Receiving a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals.
If a person has had a stomatitis at one time, there is always a risk of his reappearance. That is why prophylaxis of stomatitis is so important.