Beautiful and healthy teeth - this is not only an indicator of the state of the body, but also a demonstration of the social status of a person. At the moment, finding a "Hollywood smile" can be any - with the help of artistic restoration of teeth.
Artistic restoration of teeth is one of the youngest but very popular directions of aesthetic dentistry. Carious processes, injuries, as well as enamel, as well as yellowish color of teeth and their irregular shape are easily and relatively quickly corrected with the help of modern materials that successfully imitate the fabric of a natural tooth.
Art restoration requires the dentist not only medical skills, but also the ability to be an artist and a sculptor, "plucking out" a new luxurious smile to the patient. An important nuance: in many cases, the talented restoration allows you to save your teeth alive without removing the nerve and straightening the tissues.
With the help of artistic restoration of teeth the doctor can:
- Adjust the shape of not only individual teeth, but also the whole tooth row;
- Correct the position of the tooth and thus help avoid the installation of braces (hide the bulging tooth, push forward the tilt too tilted back to the wrong bite);
- To remove diast - gap between teeth.
Often, artistic restoration is carried out using veneers - porcelain plates, which are glued to the front surfaces of the teeth and have a thickness of only 0.5-0.6 mm.
Types of artistic restoration of teeth
There are two types of artistic restoration of teeth.
- Direct restoration - when the dentist, using composite materials, repairs defective parts of the teeth directly in the patient's mouth. In this case, the patient may receive a new healthy smile after the first visit to the doctor.
- Indirect restoration involves the production of a restorative part of the tooth in the dental laboratory. Initially, the patient's teeth are prepared for restoration, with them removing casts. After that, the dentist fixes the veneers on his teeth. Such a job may take several days or even weeks, depending on the complexity of the case.
The type of restoration of teeth should be chosen only by the doctor. The desire to find the long-awaited "Hollywood" smile soon should not contradict common sense and cause harm.
Contraindications to artistic restoration of teeth
Despite the popularity of veneers thanks to the widespread advertising in glossy magazines and photographs of stars with "vinyl" smiles, it's worth bearing in mind that this method of artistic restoration has a number of contraindications.
- Significant destruction of dental tissue. If the tooth is destroyed by more than 50% -from veneers have to give and install crown. In this case, it's not necessary to be subjected to the persuasion of unscrupulous doctors.
- Any diseases of teeth and periosteum tissues: incurable caries and veneers - incompatible.
- Insufficient enamel on teeth. If the enamel layer is very thin, it is impossible to ensure the strength of the installation of veneers.
- Night grinding teeth (bruxism). For frequent and dense compression of teeth, you can break the vine.
- Not completely, cut teeth are also not suitable for veneer restoration.