Analytical scales are an important measuring device in the research work of any laboratory. Almost every laboratory analysis (titration, gravimetry, chromatography) begins with taking the hanging. Since the final result of the laboratory work depends on the accuracy of the scales, the scales must be accurate - to work without errors. Therefore, weighing is a very responsible operation.
Measurement of body weight in laboratory conditions is carried out on special scales. Thanks to special glass doors, weigh the substances isolated from air currents. In most analytical scales, the door is sensitive to the approach of the hands and opens automatically. With infrared sensors, weighing distance is possible.
Modern analytical scales make it possible to determine the weight of a substance up to one hundredths of a gram, and if necessary, from milligrams to micrograms.
Read also: Analytical laboratory scales
The set of analytical scales can be standard or with additional options (weights, calibration stands, devices for calculating the density of the material).
Field of application
Analytical scales have found application in many branches of industry and research activities, controlling organizations for weighing high precision of liquid, bulk and solid substances. They are used to study food quality control.
At present, such scales have become indispensable laboratory equipment in medicine for the diagnosis of infectious diseases, the study of biological materials, as well as in pharmacology in the manufacture of medicinal products, which require precise indicators. Laboratory scales
The main advantage of analytical scales is the ability to weigh accurately ± 0,1 ÷ 0,2 mg. To determine the accuracy of the weight to ± 0,0001 g, the analytical scales of damping electric (ADV-200 and VL-200) are used.
Taking into account the operating conditions, the analytical scales on the basis of their functional capabilities are divided into three levels: - Professional (XP, XS) - for precise measurements; - Classic (AB-S/FACT) - for standard measurements with automatic calibration; - Initial (AL) - for standard weighing with calibration using a weighbridge or keystroke.
Rules of work
When working with analytical thrust it is important to adhere to the following requirements:
- Weighing should be carried out in a special (light, dry, well ventilated, with the exit windows to the north) indoors;
- The temperature of the room for weighing should not exceed + 20 ° С and constantly maintained at this level;
- It is not recommended to change the position of weights and transfer them from place to place;
- Do not load on the balance goods exceeding the limit norm;
- Weigh an item to be at room temperature;
- Weighing is carried out in special containers (boxes, crucibles);
- Zero indicators are checked before and after weighing;
- To avoid mistakes the object is placed on the middle of the weights;
- Carefully take care of the weights, protect from impacts and shocks;
- At least once a year, analytical scales should be checked for accuracy;
- Must be away from heating appliances;
- Must be stored in special covers;
- Measuring the mass of powdered substances should be made on a paper or saucer;
- To avoid getting dirt or grease, you should use tweezers, tweezers, napkins.