The cat's body produces only two strong allergens. The first one - Fel d1: is in saliva, magnifying glass, wool and sebaceous isolated anal glands. The second one is Fel d4, found in the saliva of the animal. On the day they are produced in microscopic quantities.
But this is enough to trigger an allergic reaction in 25% of people. Incidentally, allergy to cats occurs much more often than dogs. Perhaps this is because dogs are more likely to bathe.
What a dangerous allergy to cats
The cat's dandelion is very easy to fly in the air, and, being rather sticky, densely attached to clothes, furniture and other places, to which even the cat itself to get by times is quite problematic. And although the size of the allergens is very small, however, they easily fall into the lungs, provoking the development of bronchial asthma.
That is why owners of cats suffering from allergies are much more likely to suffer from asthma than those who do not have cats.
Can you control the symptoms of a cat's allergy?
The easiest way to stop an allergy is to not start a pet. Some special medications help with attacks, but even they are powerless if several animals live in the house. Therefore, today the most effective way to keep an allergy under control is to draw.
Tips for allergies who do not want to part with a pet:
- Sterilize the animal (uncastered cats and cats also produce hormonal allergens);
- Bathe a cat every week;
- Combine daily (remove the wool with a damp towel);
- Do not allow the cat to sleep near you or ventilation openings;
- Do not let the cat in the room at all, and clean the vacuum cleaner;
- Install the air purifier in the bedroom;
- Regularly do wet cleaning.
However, people with severe asthma, these measures will not help. They need to urgently give the pet in good hands and:
- To make steam cleaning of carpets and upholstered furniture;
- Wash curtains;
- Carry out vacuum cleaning of floors;
- To make wet cleaning of furniture and solid surfaces;
- Replace ventilation filters.
Remember that cat wool can be stored in the house for several months, so do wet cleaning as often as possible. Moreover, often the real cause of allergy is dust.