In winter, children need to walk no less than in the summer. Often in the frost, the cheeks of the baby are immediately covered with red spots, and the pens and legs, where there was contact with the cold, begin to peel. Such manifestations are often called cold allergy.
In recent years, the number of children with allergies has increased dramatically. Allergens for children often become even physical factors - cold, moisture and wind.
These are, of course, not full allergens, these are just special conditions that allow the formation of superficial, cooled layers of skin and small vessels of special immune complexes.
However, this fact does not cause allergy to cold in a child harmless.
Why is there an allergy to cold in a child
Today, the nature of cold allergy has not yet been studied enough. But it is already known that under the influence of cold and a decrease in temperature in tissues, special proteins of cryoglobulins begin to connect with each other, as if blind in a special "snowball".
He also forms an allergy to cold in a child, as it is considered by the immune system as a dangerous alien substance.
Immune cells accumulate around it and the inflammation zone is formed with redness, itching and swelling.
Typically, such cold antibodies are similar to food, so children with a reaction to food are more susceptible to cold allergy.
How to detect cold allergy
If in the cold of the baby appear redness and itchy skin, this is not always allergic. Sometimes similar symptoms can occur when frostbite, especially in children with sensitive and tender skin.
Therefore, it is possible to confirm allergy to cold in a child with a simple test. You need to take a piece of ice and put it in your baby's wrists area. After 15-20 minutes, it is necessary to check the place where the ice was.
With allergies to cold, in the contact area with ice there is rash, sharp redness and edema, itchy skin. In this case, it is necessary to show the child an allergist for further examination and the choice of the method of treatment of cold allergy.
Symptoms of cold allergy in a child
Does allergy always manifest itself in dermatitis and redness of the skin of the cheeks? No, the symptoms of cold allergy, as well as the usual allergy, can be quite diverse. In different periods of childhood, they may appear in turn.
The main manifestations of allergy to cold in a child include the following.
- Defeat the conjunctiva. When going to the cold in children begin to very itch, blush and tear eyes, there is mucous clear discharge. If the child returns to the warm room, the symptoms quickly fade and disappear altogether.
- Manifestations of cold cold. When entering the street and inhaling cold air, there is a severe swelling of the nose with a practically complete violation of nasal breathing, as well as mucous discharge from the nose. As soon as the baby enters the heat, nasal breathing is restored.
- Cold cheilitis with a lesion of the fringe of the lips. At the same time, they swell strongly, turn red and may crack. Open your mouth painfully.
- Cold rash Show yourself in contact with icy water, ice or cold air. In the open areas of the body - the hands, feet or face, there are blisters. They strongly itch.
- The most severe manifestations are attacks of severe headache when they reach the cold, sometimes accompanied by nausea. There may be bronchial asthma attacks when exposed to frost or the effects of cold in the mouth or on the skin. There may be laryngospazmas - manifestations of edema ligament as a result of cold influence.
What to do with an allergy to cold in a child
Many parents do not recognize the signs of cold allergy in a child in a timely manner, they are taken for the manifestation of colds, illnesses, and sometimes allergies to another plan. And besides setting the diagnosis of cold allergy, there is a problem of treatment. Cold allergy is not easy to treat, as with such an allergy will not help hypoallergenic life and diet.
The use of antihistamines facilitates the appearance of cold allergies in a child, but does not eliminate its causes. As antihistamines only reduce the release of special substances that give strong symptoms - histamine and its analogues.
Relatively well helps to combat cold allergy hardening, that is, the body's workout periodic effects of cold. When vessels and skin are training, cryoglobulins are less formed.
Methods of prophylaxis of cold allergy in a child
Of course, the allergy to cold baby is better to prevent. Here are some ways to help you avoid unpleasant symptoms.
- Before going out into the open air in the cold, it is necessary to apply special protective equipment for the skin. It is advisable to apply a greasy cream to the open areas of the body for half an hour before the walk so that he has time to clothe and create a protective film. So-called creme-cryoprotectants are very helpful.
- For lips, use protective hygienic lipsticks or balms.
- It is important in the cold season to provide the child with vitamins A and D, as well as ascorbic acid.
- It is necessary to warm the child warmly so that he does not freeze, but also does not sweat, the moist body cools faster.
With age, allergy is usually weakened, but may not completely pass. There may be new forms of it, especially in women during pregnancy.