The most common cause of allergy is the abuse of cheap alcohol, especially the various kinds of moonshine.
In addition, allergy to alcohol in many people cause sulfur substances contained in champagne and many wines.
Alcohol is usually the alcohol itself, while others are contained in alcoholic beverages: malt, hops, barley, yeast, sulfates, which are added as preservatives, proteins and polysaccharides.
Causes of allergy to alcohol
Allergy to alcohol can be not only acquired, but also hereditary, both along the mother's and father's lines.
In this case, in addition to the appearance of the usual symptoms of allergy to alcohol, even with the use of a small amount of strong drink, anaphylactic shock may occur. Self-treatment with hereditary allergy to alcohol can be dangerous - you should always consult a doctor.
Read also: How to stop drinking beer
As for the acquired allergy, it often becomes a consequence of the regular use of low-quality alcohol.
Symptoms of alcohol allergy
In both cases, alcohol causes the following allergic symptoms:
- Swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- Redness and itchy eyes;
- Respiratory problems (bronchospasm, Queen's edema);
- Stomach upset;
- Red spots on the face, arms and neck, dryness and peeling of the skin in the same areas;
- Nausea vomiting;
- Change in body temperature and pressure;
- Unnaturally quick intoxication.
Especially treacherous allergic reactions during the feast: alcohol can cause symptoms of allergy, and people will not add this value, thinking that a bad state of health is the reaction of the body to fatigue or stuffiness in the room.
Treatment of allergy to alcohol
Cure an allergy to alcohol can be a very simple way - completely abandon the use of alcoholic beverages.
If you completely abandon alcohol for some reason does not work out, there are other methods of treatment of alcohol allergy, which reduces the unpleasant consequences of drinking alcohol to a minimum.
- First of all, doctors recommend drinking only good alcohol, which does not contain polysaccharides (starch, pectin, cellulose), proteins and dyes.
- You also need to know the measure - sometimes the cause of alcohol allergy is the low quality of alcohol, but its too much.
- Finally, you can simply change drinks: figuring out which alcohol causes allergies, exclude it from your menu.
However, in any case, when signs of alcohol allergy are detected, an allergist should be contacted, who will be able to prescribe the course of treatment by prescribing antihistamines (antiallergic drugs).