The peculiarity of allergic diseases is that one and the same allergen can cause various clinical manifestations, and vice versa, different allergens provoke the same picture of the disease.
Diagnosis of allergic eye diseases presents great difficulties and requires the use of special research methods.
- Collection of an allergic history. It turns out: hereditary burdens, the presence of allergic reactions in addition to eye, the peculiarities of their course, periodicity and seasonality.
- Skin allergic tests (drip, scarifying, intradermal, etc.) The skin is applied to the allergen and the decision is made. If after 15 - 20 minutes formed blister and hyperemia, an immediate reaction type, if after 24 - 48 hours infiltrate - a reaction of the delayed type. Minus: A sample is usually not used in a sharp period and therefore does not always give an exact result.
-Provoting tests: conjunctival, nasal, hypoacute - require extreme caution, are rarely used.
-Laboratory allergic diagnosis. It is used in the acute period of the disease, gives an exact result.
Treatment of allergic eye diseases
In the treatment of allergic diseases, the eyes hold on Total and Local Therapy
Aimed at eliminating, in the first place, the allergen, the appointment of immunotherapy and antihistamines (tablets).
- Drugs that prevent the release of active mediators, causing a clinical picture of conjunctivitis: a rapid therapeutic effect-removal of symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- Antihistamines: rapid anti-allergic effect - after 5 minutes after ingestion, itching of the eyelids, lacrimation, conjunctivitis decrease, and after 15 minutes. Signs of acute allergy are reduced.
- Corticosteroids: fast therapeutic effect, but possible complications (irritation of the mucosa, keratitis, increase intraocular pressure, cataracts).
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory: pronounced anti-inflammatory effect and lack of undesirable effects.
- Suddenly: eye drops with vasoconstrictive drugs quickly relieve symptoms, but for a short time, there may be a deterioration of the condition.
The course of immunomodulatory therapy - reduces the sensitivity to many allergens.
You need to get rid of the presence of allergens in the environment (more often remove home dust and animal hair, get rid of dry food, household chemicals, and even eye drops and ointments, which can also cause an allergic reaction).
Do not practice self-medication. Remember: Allergy should be treated by a doctor!