Tracheitis - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the trachea. The most common cause of acute tracheitis is a viral infection, rarer - various bacteria such as staphylococci, streptococcus, and others.
Acute tracheitis is usually observed in combination with acute rhinitis, pharyngitis and laryngitis. The development of trachea contribute to the inhalation of dry, cold or dusty air, irritating steam and gases.
Symptoms of acute tracheitis
The most common and characteristic symptom of acute tracheitis is an anaphylactic painful dry cough, especially at night and in the morning, accompanied by pain in the chest area. Sometimes cough attacks occur even with deep breath, laughter, crying, when changing the temperature of the air.
Usually, during and after the cough attack, there is a tenderness in the throat and behind the sternum, which causes a person to try to limit respiratory movements. In such cases, the breathing becomes superficial and accelerated.
In acute tracheitis, the general condition of the body is usually quite satisfactory. However, the temperature until evening can still rise slightly. Sputum in a patient with chronic tracheitis in some cases may be poor and viscous, in others it is abundant and mucous-purulent. However, in spite of its consistency, almost always it is very easy to separate.
The course of the disease in most patients with tracheitis is prolonged, with exacerbations.
Treatment is prescribed by a doctor, here are some of the most effective ways to combat acute tracheitis:
- Mustard on the chest and between the shoulder blades;
- Hot drink with small sips;
- At the difficulty of the sputum discharge, the appointmentatotkharkivayuschie means (herb thermopsis, root altea, licorice and alkaline inhalation);
- If necessary, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory agents (aspirin, ibuprofen, paracetamol);
- If virus infection is anticipated (first of all, influenza A and B), appoint remantadine according to the scheme: on the 1st day - 0.1 g 3 times a day, on the 2nd and 3rd days - 0.1 g 2 times Per day, on the 4th day - 0.1 g 1 time a day after eating;
- Thermal inhalations with an inhaler with eucalyptus, menthol or anise oil;
- For exhausting dry cough, antitussive equipment is required;
- When purulent sputum is prescribed sulfanilamide preparations, antibiotics (preferably in aerosols).
If acute tracheitis does not cause complications, then 1-2 weeks with proper treatment with him usually manage to cope.