Iron in food

5 Foods High In Iron (Health And Medical Video April 2018).

The role of iron in the human body is difficult to overestimate. This is one of the most important trace elements that participates in hematopoiesis, respiration, oxidative-reduction and immunobiological reactions.

In the human body, normally 4-5 g of iron, and about 70% of this amount is in the blood, namely in hemoglobin and myoglobin. The remaining 30% are localized in the bone marrow, liver and spleen.

In a day, a healthy man needs about 10 mg of iron, and a woman 15 to 20 mg. Such a difference is related to feminine physiology - blood loss during menstruation. Approximately 18 mg per day should be given to pregnant women and women, and during pregnancy iron from food is not enough.

In this case, in the second half of the pregnancy prescribed drugs containing a scarce trace element.

The normal reserve in the human body is 500-1500 mg of iron for men and 300-1000 mg for women. But for most people, this figure is at the bottom of the norm, and many outwardly healthy women do not have any stock at all.

For the prevention of iron deficiency anemia should eat properly, but it must be borne in mind that the iron content in the products does not guarantee the one-hundred-percent assimilation of the body of this trace element.

The fact is that in the human body only bivalent iron is absorbed. The trivalent metal that comes from plant foods must first be transformed into a divalent element with a large amount of vitamin C. Therefore, it is necessary to know which products contribute to the absorption of iron, and which hinder this process.

The content of iron in food

The easiest way is to find out the iron content in foods in the table, which specifies how many grams of this trace element is contained in a particular product. The list of useful products, rich in iron, presents food, both animal and vegetable. But one must take into account the fact that only 3-5% of iron is absorbed from plant foods, but from animals - from 25 to 30%.

The leaders in the content of iron are red meat and liver, in the second place - lamb and rabbit meat, but in the pork and meat chicken this useful element is not much. Although the liver is rich in iron, it is not necessary to use it every day, because it contains harmful substances and various toxins. At least once a day you need to eat dishes containing red meat. Very useful seafood, among which the first place in the level of iron is occupied by oysters, snails, mollusks and cod liver.

Especially a lot of iron in cooked mollusks - 25-30 mg per 100 g of product. Another source of this useful metal is eggs. Quailing rather than chicken eggs will be more likely. Many iron in green vegetables, parsley, dill, spinach, dried fruits, nuts, lentils and soy. Also, in the table "Iron in food" not the last place occupy peas, buckwheat, oatmeal, dry hips, radishes, pumpkin, beets, baked potatoes.

Of fruit, iron is rich in apples, especially sour, for example, antonovka variety, as well as bananas, persimmons, peaches, pomegranate and plums. To prevent iron deficiency anemia, you must use at least five iron-containing products daily, as well as minimize or completely eliminate coffee, tea and milk from the diet as they interfere with the absorption of iron.

However, you need to eat more foods that contain vitamin C and folic acid, which contribute to the rapid and effective absorption of iron.



Iron in food

Category Of Medical Issues: Nutrition

Leave Your Comment